1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Dating Vintage Fur Coat- Shillito

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Alyssa A. Combs, Nov 26, 2022.

1. Alyssa A. Combs

Alyssa A. Combs Registered Guest

Good evening! I am so glad to have found this forum, I am hoping someone can help me date my vintage Shillito Fur coat I just purchased. It is chocolate brown mouton lamb and according to my research on the Shillito Fur Salon company, it could have been manufactured anywhere between 1920 and 1980, before they changed their name. I am hoping someone can help me narrow this down! I am attaching photos of distinctive markers inside the coat. Thanks for any help!

~ Alyssa Combs

Attached Files:

2. Vintagiality

Vintagiality VFG Treasurer Staff Member

Please post a photo of the entire coat for us to be able to date it properly. The fur label authority tag makes it 1956 or after. The buttons say 60s to me but again, we need to see a photo of the whole thing

dollsntrolls likes this.
  3. Alyssa A. Combs

Sorry, it was too dark last night to take good photos of it. Here are some I took today of the full coat. Thanks for letting me know about the tag and the buttons. The buttons are so cute, they remind me of Reeses Peanut butter cups lol.

Attached Files:

4. Retro Ruth

Retro Ruth VFG Member Staff Member

Looks 60s to me. Love this kind of coat.

5. Alyssa A. Combs

Hi Victoria! I posted photos of the whole coat to the thread :)

6. Alyssa A. Combs

Thank you! That makes sense- I have had a few people tell me that because of the label authority label , it was made after 1956.

7. Vintagiality

Vintagiality VFG Treasurer Staff Member

Looks 60s to me as well