1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help determining date of blouse by label

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Jennifer Avenido, Jan 30, 2018.

1. Jennifer Avenido

Jennifer Avenido Registered Guest

Hello. So I've found lables online from Bozart from the 40s and the 50s but they don't look like this. I checked the VFG label resources and couldn't find anything. I'm thinking it's from the 1930s but would like another opinion if possible. Thanks in advance!

5E0DD63C-1238-4B1D-9CF2-FF5421B185B4.jpg 3BD0F5F3-AE93-4857-8FA7-3CE95A335EC4.jpg 4D12F4B2-D870-451E-8E64-2293ECBCD9C7.jpg

themerchantsofvintage likes this.
  2. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

The tapering at the waist, short sleeves, broad collar, and narrow tie all suggest postwar 40s to me. 30s blouses are not always tapered into the waist with long tails like that, they sometimes have a waistband though, and 30s blouse sleeves are usually to the wrist, or short and puffy, collars are narrow or stand-up and bow ties are large.

3. Vinclothes

Vinclothes Alumni +

I love 1940's blouses. They are so well made, fit well, have lovely details and are usually made of fine quality fabrics. They are hard to find!
    Marian

4. Jennifer Avenido

Jennifer Avenido Registered Guest

Ok. Thanks so much for the help! I'm wondering why the label doesn't match the other 1940s Bozart lables. Hummm....whenever it was made, its gorgeous!!! Thanks again!