1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help identify damaged label

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Slimewarp, Apr 5, 2016.

1. Slimewarp

Slimewarp Registered Guest

Hello! I recently found these two terry cloth button down robes.
    They both have the same label but it is too damaged for me to read. I'm hoping somebody might recognize it or be able to figure out the brand. Thank you! DSC_1793-1.jpg DSC_1792-1.jpg DSC_1804-1.jpg DSC_1803-1.jpg

2. lkranieri

lkranieri VFG Member

I think it might be Herbcraft. I will look for a similar image of their logo/label.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2016
    northstarvintage and Slimewarp like this.
  3. lkranieri

lkranieri VFG Member

Here is the closest Herbcraft label I could find in a quick look. The online image was quite blurred.
    image.jpeg

4. Slimewarp

Thank you so much!!!

5. Slimewarp

I'm trying to research and find similar Herbcraft terry robes but I'm not able to fund any that are even close, so I'm having some trouble pricing it. Does anyone have any suggestions or reccomendations on value? Most of the herbcraft robes I can find are chenille and the few that are terry look nothing like these.

6. Retro Ruth

Retro Ruth VFG Member Staff Member

I suspect the flower power pattern is what will sell it, rather than the brand. I love these 1960s patterned towelling robes - I bought one recently. They aren't super common, but I don't know how desirable they are (except to me!). Suggest you look for 60s floral terry robes or beach/pool side coverups to find similar items and see how they are priced. Eg ebay items 111953463274 and 151258833724

Slimewarp likes this.
  7. Lovely beach jackets! They can be hard to find now but they're one of those garment types that has fallen out of use. Unfortunately we can't advise on pricing here but I tend to price them low as demand is low, even when they're very cute.

Slimewarp likes this.
  8. Slimewarp

Thank you both for your feedback! Ive always come here for the fabric/label and other resources and just joined! Lovely community, happy to have such a great forum!!

Retro Ruth likes this.
  9. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President