1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP! Identify this vtg. Keepall style luggage (louis vuitton look a like)

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Jana Noble, Feb 24, 2015.

1. Jana Noble

Jana Noble Registered Guest

Hello VFG friends! I just found a piece when I was out thrifting, it is a large "keepall" LV looking bag. Only clue to what brand this is, is the "M" on the leather circle on the front, or the Japanese script on the inside tag. Not sure the symbols printed on the canvas? The leather handles & trim is as soft as can be. It is a vintage piece, its missing the key to the lock, and sadly the strap is missing. Would LOVE more information on this if anyone knows what it might be. Thank you so much!
    IMG_2404.JPG IMG_2409.JPG IMG_2406.JPG IMG_2407.JPG

Attached Files:

2. Pinkcoke

Pinkcoke Alumni

Why do you think it is vintage? Although I can see the style it is trying to emulate at earliest I would place it personally is the 90's. It does look better quality than the more recent examples.
    The symbols in the pattern look horological or egyptian. They may have been designed so that they do not mean anything, just provide a pleasing pattern.
    I think your best bet is to find someone who can read or translate that interior label, as it probably has the maker or brand name there.

cotmyey likes this.
  3. Jenny

Jenny Registered Guest

I remember that pattern. My mom had a purse with same pattern back in China during the 90s.

It is in Chinese and it says quality is luxury. And then something product something incumbent is 5?