1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help identifying a vintage fur coat

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Angeladivine, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Angeladivine

Angeladivine Registered Guest

Hi! I was wondering if anyone could help me identify the type of fur and age of this coat I just bought? Thank you!

Attached Files:

2. Gisele

Gisele Registered Guest

It looks like raccoon fur, however I can not be 100%. I would bring it to a local furrier to have it looked at and for an inspection to make sure that the fur is properly cleaned and treated. Vintage furs are extremely beautiful and if taken care of properly and stored properly will last for generations. I get mine identified, inspected, glazed and store them in a proper climate controlled area. Nice purchase!

3. Angeladivine

Angeladivine Registered Guest

Thank you!

4. Allison Bonner

Allison Bonner Registered Guest

I'm not sure this is the right place to ask, but I also have a fur coat that I need help with. The brand is Marshall Field and Company, but i'd like to know what kind of fur it is, is it real fur, and how old it is if anybody knows.

The final photo shows the inside of the lining (red fabric -- it might be acetate), and the back side of the fur.

Attached Files: