1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help identifying a vintage tie

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Michael Wakin, Aug 15, 2020.

1. Michael Wakin

Michael Wakin Registered Guest

Hey all, I could use a little help.

I thrifted this tie recently, but I have no idea who made it or how old it is. It doesn't have any branding, RN, etc., on it.

The print looks pretty mid-century to me, and the cream tipping and thin interlining also seem to point that way. Aside from that, I don't have any idea.

Any and all help is appreciated.

Imgur.com/a/1JumfLZ

2. pastperfect2

pastperfect2 Alumni +

Nice tie! I am thinking with the color range,the style and size of the graphics, and the width, it's late 40s, early 50s. Can you get us a measurements at the widest point?

3. Michael Wakin

Ah, I meant to add that; it's 3.75" wide.

4. pastperfect2

pastperfect2 Alumni +

Ok, so wide, but not in the super 4" - 5" wide range. I'm still thinking 1948 and into the 50s.

denisebrain likes this.
  5. Michael Wakin

Sounds about right from what I've read elsewhere. What I'm wondering now is who made it. It has a bar tack, and while there is a loose thread where a keeper or label once was, neither is there now.

6. gatco

gatco VFG Member

There is a guy on Instagram that has the greatest collection and knowledge, he may be able to help. He is bellywarmers_vintage_ties. I agree with late 40's
    He has always been helpful, you might want to send him a message.

Michael Wakin likes this.