1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help identifying antique? Boys shirt

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Libbz007, Jul 29, 2019.

1. Libbz007

Libbz007 Registered Guest

I need help identifying these boys shirts, I have two and they are basically identical

Attached Files:

2. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

Can you tell us, are these little boys garments for a small child or toddler? Or a young boy of older age?

Looks like linen. I might not call these shirts, they appear more of a light summer jacket and had shorts to match.

What are the buttons made of?

They do look antique or close to it.

3. Libbz007

They look like a young boys like maybe 8-10, I thought they could be 1910s to 1930s but then I was doing some research and it said that that kind of seam binding wasn’t popular untill the 60s then I read something that said 30s and that they have been doing it since the late 1800s I think, the stitches are not uniform and some are slightly different, I also got two wool jackets with snap buttons and quilted liners that I’m going to make a separate post about, I thought maybe they could be vintage re-enactment pieces but they don’t look 1860s to me but I’m not sure u don’t have much experience with stuff that old

4. Libbz007

I can post more photos if needed, these were just quick cell phone photos

5. Rue_de_la_Paix

From up close, the fabric almost looks contemporary or newer than the jacket's style. Can you tell us what the buttons are made of?

6. Libbz007

I’m not sure, but it’s definitely man made

7. Rue_de_la_Paix

The more I look at these the "newer" they look. Which makes me wonder if they are a costume pieces.