1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help identifying British 1960s label w/ crown logo?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by bigolfurryhead, Sep 9, 2018.

1. bigolfurryhead

bigolfurryhead Registered Guest

Hello -- can anyone help me identify this label? I'm guessing vintage 1960s from England because of the shirt style and "colour" spelling. There are no other labels; "39" is stamped on the backside of the placket.

Thanks in advance!

[​IMG]

2. No help with the label but wanted to say the shirt could also be Canadian made. We spell like the British ;-)

3. Pinkcoke

Pinkcoke Alumni

Nothing I recognise there, it strikes me as newer than 1960's, I'd hazard a guess at 70's or later because it says 100% cotton, indicating fibre blends are commonplace, and material content info was required on labels by 1970. The 39 looks like a european size. I've had similar from France before (c.2000)

4. Good point on the sizing, Melanie. I have seen European made content like this shirt from the 60s from time to time.

@bigolfurryhead Is there a loop and button under the collar?

5. bigolfurryhead

bigolfurryhead Registered Guest

Thanks for your replies, everyone.

No loop on the collar -- I wish there was!

I had guessed 60s because the collar itself was so much smaller than (American) 70s collars usually are, but it could be early 70s, or someone who didn't follow the fashion.

I was really hoping to find a brand for it...I've tried to sell things like this before without a nail-downable brand, and they've never done well. Might just wear it myself.