1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help identifying coat - fur or faux pt. 3

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Aimee, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Aimee

Aimee Registered Guest

any help identifying this material would be much appreciated ! not sure if fur or faux - thank you !

Screen Shot 2018-10-12 at 8.26.04 PM.png Screen Shot 2018-10-12 at 8.25.50 PM.png Screen Shot 2018-10-12 at 8.25.41 PM.png

2. peaceful vintage

peaceful vintage Administrator VFG Past President

Hi Aimee,

I see the fabric backing which if one piece with the front it would be faux however with that said if it's faux it's a very good one because from what I can see it looks real. Is there anything in between that fabric backing and the lining along the bottom and which looks like an open French hem?

3. Aimee

Aimee Registered Guest

Hi Caryn,

There is nothing between fabric backing & the bottom lining, I believe the extra lining is in place just in case the loose lining shifts to hide the fabric backing. It seems to be one piece, with your help I think the coat is faux. Do you happen to know which type of fur it's imitating? Sincerely appreciate your help, as always : )

Kind regards,
    Aimee

4. peaceful vintage

Sure thing, it looks like Persian Lamb.

5. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

If you are planning on selling this piece online don't call it Persian, it may get pulled off. Call it curly lamb.

peaceful vintage likes this.
  6. peaceful vintage

Oh yeah. That is so absolutely right. I had totally forgotten about that.

7. Aimee

Aimee Registered Guest

Thank you, as always! You're all the best : )