1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Identifying Fabric Type of a 1970's Mollie Parnis Set

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Jennifer Kietzman, Sep 21, 2021.

1. Jennifer Kietzman

Jennifer Kietzman Registered Guest

small DSC03484.JPG small DSC03499.JPG small DSC03498.JPG small DSC03495.JPG Hello everyone,

I am hoping to find help in identifying the fabric of this Mollie Parnis Boutique set from the 70s. The fabric is sheer, but also crisp, with a slight sheen. My best guess is that it's a silk of some sort, maybe gazar? Or a silk blend? Please let me know if additional photos would be helpful and of what specifically. I have not yet done a burn test as I don't consider myself a good judge of the results, but I'm happy to give it a shot if this would help.

Many thanks in advance for your time and thoughts!

poppysvintageclothing likes this.
  2. denisebrain

denisebrain VFG Vice President Staff Member VFG Past President

What a great ensemble!

Would you be able to show us an even closer shot of the fabric?

Jennifer Kietzman likes this.
  3. Jennifer Kietzman

Yes, most definitely. I've added three photos, including a closer shot, shot of the sheerness, and a shot of the back side of the fabric. small DSC_4214.JPG small DSC_4218 cropped.jpg small DSC_4219 cropped.jpg

4. Jennifer Kietzman

5. Jennifer Kietzman

Also, the garment includes a care label that specifies dry cleaning. :)

6. denisebrain

denisebrain VFG Vice President Staff Member VFG Past President

Jennifer Kietzman likes this.
  7. Jennifer Kietzman

I have the set listed in my Etsy shop, and that is exactly how I tentatively described the fabric, as a cotton and silk blend. How you describe your fabric is similar to how I describe mine, and by the looks of yours, mine could be a match. Many thanks for your help!

Midge and denisebrain like this.
  8. bluevelvetvintage

bluevelvetvintage VFG Member

Agree with Maggie. And that is one cute outfit!