1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help identifying Gotham Original top with fitted bodice and peasant sleeves

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by juniper, Sep 11, 2017.

1. juniper

juniper Registered Guest

I'm having trouble identifying and dating this vintage top. The label says Gotham Original, and it has a metal zipper up the side, half length peasant sleeves and careful floral detailing. Any ideas?

Attached Files:

• 1.PNG
      1.PNG
      File size:
      357.2 KB
      Views:
    • 2.PNG
      2.PNG
      File size:
      314.4 KB
      Views:
    • 3.PNG
      3.PNG
      File size:
      583 KB
      Views:
  2. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

Do you have a picture of the label?

3. juniper

juniper Registered Guest

the label:

Attached Files:

4. Any other labels juniper? Maybe under that one, or down the side seams. Perhaps something that indicates fabric, country of origin or care instructions.

On the available information I'm thinking '50s inspiration made in the '80s.

Is that elastic I see around the neckline? Any information on construction or fabric composition or close up of the zipper available?

5. Retro Ruth

Retro Ruth VFG Member Staff Member

That side zip is making me wonder if it was a dress that has had the skirt cut off. How is the hem finished, compared to the rest of the garment? Pictures would help.

lkranieri likes this.
  6. juniper

juniper Registered Guest

There is definitely no other tag,
    First image attached is the neckline hem which is different than the bottom hemline so it seems possible it was shortened!
    Zipper is a metal Atlas brand.
    80's was my original thought- thanks for the help!

Attached Files: