1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP IDENTIFYING H BLACK LABEL

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Elizabeth Ramos-Boyce, Mar 8, 2018.

?

Who is the designer of this cashmere sweater?

1. The designer is....

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Logo is by.....

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Elizabeth Ramos-Boyce

Elizabeth Ramos-Boyce Registered Guest

Hi everyone! I would appreciate any feedback on identifying this label. I have had sweater about 15 years. Found at either a consignment of thrifting shop..... so long ago not sure. But it DEFINATELY cannot be a relatively new label. The cashmere silk blend is high quality. Please help identifying. Trying to sell and need information. THANKS

Attached Files:

Metro Retro Vintage likes this.
  2. Hello and welcome. Nice sweater. Label looks more recent. May we see a photo of the care symbols, please? This will help in narrowing down a date.

3. Elizabeth Ramos-Boyce

This is the other side of fabric tag. No other tags on sweater.

Attached Files:

4. Thank you. The RN # shows it was made for Tropic Tex Intl., Inc and the company name was Halston.

A prelim search came up with an LA times article that says Tropic revived the Halston Brand in 1996 and then sold it a few years later to Catterton-Simon and partners. If this is correct, your sweater is from that brief period of 96 to late 90s.

http://articles.latimes.com/1999/jul/09/news/cl-54187

The above is information found. We cannot authenticate if the sweater is genuine, however. I did not find any information about a label "H" for Halston. A deeper search may reveal more.

Good luck.

Attached Files:

Metro Retro Vintage likes this.
  5. Elizabeth Ramos-Boyce

Someone else suggested Halston. Do you have any idea how I can authenticate its genuine? I’m amazed how did you pinpoint that by just care tag?

6. Elizabeth Ramos-Boyce

I have a slew of vintage pieces I can’t seem to part with.... I have two Dior coats I’m pretty sure are from the 1950s. If I post pics of the tagging can they also help with those.

7. By the RN #. It is a registered ID number for clothing manufacturers. Just type in the number that appears on a label:

https://rn.ftc.gov/Account/BasicSearch

With that info you can conduct a google search and see what comes up.

8. Elizabeth Ramos-Boyce

If it is Halston I will rethink listing. I would love to keep in my wardrobe. A bit snug on me now but I am slimming down

9. Good photos of the pieces - showing the cut/lines of a garment - as well as any tags present will help with dating. Also posting each garment on a different thread is best, too.

You may also research our Label Resource for clues:

https://vintagefashionguild.org/label-resource/

10. Elizabeth Ramos-Boyce

Yes the site helped me with a label on a vintage Chanel coat I have

11. Elizabeth Ramos-Boyce

Thanks for all the great info and the links. It is greatly appreciated.

12. Elizabeth Ramos-Boyce

Just wanted to thank you for all the info. I was replying incorrectly ‍♀️ The info was appreciated.

13. Pleasure. Looking forward to seeing your other pieces :)

14. Metro Retro Vintage

Metro Retro Vintage VFG Member

I agree -- would love to see what other clothing pieces you have.