1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Identifying High End RS Belt!

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Crystal M Burke, Jul 8, 2021.

1. Crystal M Burke

Crystal M Burke Registered Guest

Hi all! This is my first time posting on this forum and I'm very excited to gain my fellow vintage lovers wisdom! This is a extremely heavy, high end pave set rhinestones belt. It features two stylized metal "X"'s with small clear cut pave set glass rhinestones covering the face of each link. These are connected by rectangular link that are pave set Red Baguette rhinestones. It is gold plated in a high karat. The belt weights over 2 lbs! Connects with a simple hook closure. I thank you in advance for your help figuring out this beauties creator.

Attached Files:

2. Crystal M Burke

I forgot to mention the dimensions! It is 36" long and 1 1/4" wide. I was thinking with the closure could it perhaps be a necklace not a belt? I tried in on and works well and looks amazing.

3. GemGem

GemGem Registered Guest

It reminds me of 'Monet' I'd hazard a guess at 1980s for the era. But without a mark or a advert of the precise item and some evidence to back it up it would be very difficult to confirm. Are there any stamps at all? Could you show a photo of it being worn?

4. Katarzyna

Katarzyna Registered Guest

"X" was heavily used by Paloma Picasso. Worth checking.

GemGem likes this.
  5. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

6. Crystal M Burke

I cannot find any stamps anywhere. I will get a pic of it on asap. Thank you for your input!

7. Crystal M Burke

I will check that for sure. It is such a mystery! I have been selling high end designer costume jewelry for years and can definetly say this is by a high end manufacturer!

The Vintage Merchant likes this.
  8. Crystal M Burke

That is exactly right, so much faster to write : )