1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help identifying Jacqmar Scarf

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Joanie, Sep 26, 2021.

1. Joanie

Joanie Registered Guest

I’m hoping someone can help me identify this scarf? I’m in Canada and not familiar with this brand and can’t seem to find much online. It is hand rolled and not machine sewn, however I don’t think it is silk. Sorry, it’s a bit wrinkled as I just pulled it out of a drawer…any help is much appreciated! Not looking to sell, really, but a A1973D36-89B4-44BF-9112-FC2E01CF1BA1.jpeg ballpark value would be useful. I’m thinking 70s era?

2. Avantbo

Avantbo Registered Guest

Hi Jonie,

Read this, https://www.blue17.co.uk/vintage-blog/jacqmar/.

Can't value, possibly Rayon and I think late 60s due to the kaleidoscope design.

3. Joanie

Joanie Registered Guest

Thank you, Avantbo - I love to see these vintage fashions and learn more about them!

4. Vintagiality

Vintagiality VFG Treasurer Staff Member

Last edited: Sep 26, 2021
  5. Joanie

Joanie Registered Guest

Oh, Victoria, what an interesting article/book! I’m sure not many of these scarves turn up in Canada nowadays, but I shall be in the look out from now on! Thank you for the information!