1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help identifying label/era

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by wandanevada1, Apr 17, 2020.

1. wandanevada1

wandanevada1 Registered Guest

Hey there, I’m new on here and not sure if I’m doing this right!

I have this super cute polyester/rayon dress that looks very 1930s/1940s era but the tag makes me think it’s 1960s maybe even 1970s? I can’t find anything on the label! Has anyone else seen this brand before? Lemme know

Thanks,
    Victoria

Attached Files:

2. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

3. wandanevada1

Here are some photos! Sorry the dress is so wrinkled, my steamer is giving out on me!

thank you

Attached Files:

4. Midge

This is definitely not 1930s or 40s. I think 60s... the label looks also like that to me. You wrote polyester/rayon as material - is there a fabric content labely anywhere?

5. wandanevada1

Yeah I know it isn’t 30s/40s indefinitely by looking at the label it just looks like 30s/40s style style for sure. No fabric content label.

6. Midge

7. wandanevada1

Thanks for your help

8. wandanevada1

Definitely looks like a 30s bathing suit type dress to me

9. wandanevada1

20s is close enough.

Attached Files:

10. denisebrain

denisebrain VFG Vice President Staff Member VFG Past President

I see what you are trying to get at about the 20s swimsuit.

The 60s and 20s share some similarities, such as emphasis at the hip via a dropped waist in the 20s, and here you see those hip-height pockets from the 60s bringing emphasis at the same point.

It's hard to say what the fabric is—you could try a burn test: https://vintagefashionguild.org/determining-fiber/

I can't see anything about the label out there, but someone else might help with that.

11. wandanevada1

Yes I agree with you there. The faded sort of purple/gray color reminds me of the 20s also! Thank you so much Denise!!

12. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

that is super cute, but looks much more modern to me, from what i can see. lots of manufacturers have a vintage "look" to their labels. it reminds me of 80s at the very earliest...but possibly later than that.