1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help identifying Toddler clothing (I think 1915-1930 JC Penny)

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by amber parsons, Oct 2, 2017.

1. amber parsons

amber parsons Registered Guest

I found these two boys coverall sets. The label is JC Penny and very unique. It says "A nationwide Institution" There are no other identifying tags on the garment than what I have attached here.

I originally bought both of these at a Goodwill for my son to wear. Then I realized that there are no snaps or buttons around the leg and that struck me as weird. The only way to get out of these are through buttons in the back that open up and the flap goes down. The buttons themselves are metal and were painted Blue at one time as you can see flakes of darker blue on top of the grey metal.

I looked up the history of the "A nationwide institution" for JC Penny and it looks like the slogan was started in the Twenties. I can't find any other tags that are similar although the 1920's JC Penny bathing suit is the closest as it has the slogan on the tag.

Last question is where would you find a buyer or anything for these? I hate to just put my son in them if someone will appreciate the value in the age of them, but if not I will dress him up and tell a great story!!

Thanks in advance

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 2, 2017