1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help identifying vintage scarf pattern-Green devils!

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Coco Larue, Jul 11, 2022.

1. Coco Larue

Coco Larue Registered Guest

Hi I am looking for help in identifying this surrealist scarf. I feel like I've seen the pattern before somewhere. Rolled edges. From an estate with scarves from the 40s to the 2000s. It is fairly large, 32x32 with green devil like creatures holding tools in their hands. Thanks so much for any help!

Attached Files:

2. Coco Larue

I did some research and I think these might represent the Green Knight from an Arthurian Legend. He holds an axe in one hand and a holly leaf in the other. Off to do more research!

amandainvermont and CatsLikeUs like this.
  3. Very interesting reading!
    Green Knight - Wikipedia
    Your green devil appears to be holding a hammer and pliers/pincers. questionemoti

amandainvermont likes this.
  4. Coco Larue

I know! It doesn't quite add up right? I'm thinking he was about to cut a holly leaf with some garden shears? Hahaha. I wonder if it was an Asher square that the artist didn't sign. It feels very 30s or 40s in its style of illustration

5. Kate C

Kate C Registered Guest

I was doing some research for someone else who found this with Red Devils on it, and found that it is supposedly a 1960’s Glentex devil scarf!
    Hope this helps in your search!