1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help me decode this mystery jacket!

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Into the void, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Into the void

Into the void Registered Guest

this jacket is incredible! It's thick sweatshirt material with metal snaps I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw it I must have studied it for 20 mins determining if it was real. It was in this complete dump of a thrift store in the sticks most of the stuff was from the 80s to current. I was about to leave and I decided to check the kids rack and found this guy.... it's patched and embroidered to the high heavens with all these goodie but my questions are what was it for? The inside has a boxing glove and the patches are unrelated to boxing and one seems to be from Colorado hiking. The front is embroidered New York 1966 and the back says I really gotta go bye. There's pockets in the lining one with an embroidered number 54 and the other with a name, probably the owner of the jacket.

Attached Files:

2. Pinkie

Pinkie Registered Guest

I don't know why I love it but I do, I would of snatched it up too! Maybe it's a club membership or fraternity sweater. And the patches are from things the individual wearer accomplished. I'm interested to know what the more experienced members have to say.

StitchesandSnags likes this.
  3. StitchesandSnags

StitchesandSnags Registered Guest

I attempted to search the name up with no luck. We can definitely deduct that whoever wore this jacket praticslly lived in it.

Pinkie likes this.