1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help needed authenticating 'cuckoo' brand label.

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by mislaidtreasures, May 18, 2019.

1. mislaidtreasures

mislaidtreasures Registered Guest

Hi, I have just acquired a large amount of girls dresses & suits from a supplier and I was told that they are genuine vintage items that were Empire made in the 1970's by cuckoo. I was wondering if any of the members have heard of this brand and can confirm or deny that they are original vintage items?
    I have added a photo of the label and I would appreciate any comments.
    Many thanks Alison.

label 001.JPG

2. wyogems

wyogems VFG Member

the colors look right for 60s / 70s on this one. I have never seen the label. Style and construction of course helps in dating childrens clothes as well as fabrics they used allot of acrylic knits etc. The tiny calico floral was popular also

mislaidtreasures likes this.
  3. mislaidtreasures

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a reply, your comments have been very helpful.

4. lkranieri

lkranieri VFG Member

It looks like THIS is your trademark, which is inactive now. Click on the tabs to see the little additional information about it.

Class 25 = Clothing, footwear, headgear.

I found the term “Empire made” referred to in newspapers from around 1950 to at least the late 1960’s.

Last edited: May 19, 2019
    mislaidtreasures and wyogems like this.
  5. mislaidtreasures

Hi Lynne, Thank you very much for posting the Link for the trade mark, that has been very helpful in helping me date the stuff.
    Alison.