1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Needed Dating Vintage Trouser Pants

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Mollzonmarz, Nov 19, 2019.

1. Mollzonmarz

Mollzonmarz Registered Guest

AA1BAEF5-F2AB-4D1D-8B98-FAB968688EC7.jpeg Hi all you lovely, most knowledgeable people!
    I've come into possession of a really neat pair of vintage trousers and am curious to figure out when they may have been produced. I'm thinking they were produced somewhere between the 30's and 60's but obviously that's a pretty broad timeframe. I'm not an expert in fabric, so have really just been trying to date these based on the zipper but am sure the fabric itself will probably glean a bit more insight into when these may have been made. Please let me know if you'd like to see additional photos/specific details.
    Thanks so much in advance for your help!

Attached Files:

2. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

I get a sense of 1970s on these. Based on a few things, but mostly the width and large size of the belt loops and the cut of the pants.

Mollzonmarz likes this.
  3. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

4. Mollzonmarz

Awesome! Thanks so much for your help. The only thing that made me think these could possibly be a bit older is the shape of the Talon zipper. Every resource I've looked at seems to indicate that that particular size, shape, & metal was produced somewhere between the 30s-50s‍♀️

5. Mollzonmarz

No tags of any kind

6. Vinclothes

Vinclothes Alumni +

Yes, 1970's. Is the fabric heavy (thick) and dry feeling to the touch, with no sheen? They may be made of denim.
    Marian

7. Mollzonmarz

Yes. Heavy, textured, and no sheen.

8. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

9. Mollzonmarz

Rad! Y'all are the best

10. carla rey

carla rey VFG Member