1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help needed - Koret men's pony hair garment bag

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by Seth G, Nov 12, 2020.

1. Seth G

Seth G Registered Guest

I'm having a hard time finding anything about this garment bag online. Can anyone here help me find out more about this garment bag and it's value?

Attached Files:

2. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

Hi Seth,

We cannot authenticate or give prices for items, just help with dating.

I can see why you cannot find anything like it as it is unusual, it looks early 1980s to me but I cannot be certain, the
    reason I think that is due to hardware on the piece.

To get an idea of pricing, look around on selling places, like ebay, etsy or other online venues of items made with pony fur hide.

Koret New York still exists as a company perhaps you could get in touch with the actual company and see if they can help out.

Seth G likes this.
  3. I don't have a newspapers dot com membership so I can't read this 1959 article but, according to google, it starts with: "This season, one manufacturer (Koret) is out with a whole group of leather knick-knacks called "n'cessories" (the word is a combination of "necessary" and "accessories ...""
    https://www.newspapers.com/newspage/71943318/
    Sounds like that's when "n'cessories" started out and since the label on yours states "patent applied for", perhaps your piece is quite soon after this. And I'm no expert in the area but wasn't pony hair popular in the 1960s?

Last edited: Nov 16, 2020
    Seth G and poppysvintageclothing like this.