1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help needed with Meyer Handbag/Purse.... Keywords please

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by gaildavid, Jul 14, 2004.

1. gaildavid

gaildavid VFG Member

I am writing up an auction for this unusual Meyer purse. I could use some help with keywords. Is "handpainted wooden handles" a searched word on sellathon?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It has a canvas covering which also has some painted flowers scattered on it. There is some damage to the corners, some chipped paint on the edges of the handles and some wearing of the paint at the top...so it is not in excellent shape :( but it is different and still has some use left.

Thanks for any help...Gail

2. It looks like French Provencial furniture and a bedroom suite I once had!

3. alonesolo

alonesolo Guest

How about Shabby Chic ( just don't use the words together, Ashwell has copyright on the term) Roses for sure! Tweed?? Which is supposed to be hot!

Very nice!

4. gaildavid

gaildavid VFG Member

Ahhh...I never thought of tweed. Great keyword. And I will creatively put Shabby and Chic in there, too....

And it does have the look of French Provencial bedroom suite ;) I had a set in the 70's.

Thanks for the help....Gail

5. bartondoll

bartondoll Guest

I like this..."Paris Chic" ?

I've never seen a bag like this, and I love the handle!

I'm coming up empty with my own listings today, so
    am no help at all.

Sue

6. alonesolo

alonesolo Guest

How about French Chic The best of both!!

7. gaildavid

gaildavid VFG Member

Will I get laughs if I say "French Chic" but it is made in the USA? :D

Gail