1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help on Dates with these Mermaid and Lemon earrings

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Patentleathershoes, Dec 20, 2004.

1. Patentleathershoes

Patentleathershoes VFG Veteran VFG Past President

I need help with dates for these earrings. I am not an expert on earrings as I only recently started wearing clip earrings (son't have pierced ears) and so I really haven't honed my knowledge on them, so would appreciate some pointers.

Lisner earrings. There is probably a proper name but the beads/stones look like they are shaped like lemons. (can't be the technical name!) All of the ruby toned stones in the earring are a different length and I have been having a hard time finding a replacement for that one stone as it is so odd. Wait til I find one someday or sell as is? They are quite striking, but too large for me.

[​IMG]

mermaid earrings...but some a mermaid might wear....Coro Oyster shell earrings.

I don't really know where to place these date wise. A lot of the collection was from the 60s. I just thought these were different.

Not sterling, but some type of silvertone composite in my estimation. maybe someone would wear with a hawaiian dress to complete the theme. or a mermaid dress.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Chris

2. I'm inclined to say the last two pair are more recent - say late 80's to early 90's. No expert here, but they do look alot like the earrings I saw when I was buying earrings during that time.

I've no clue on the first pair. If they were mine, I would probably include them in a craft lot.

Carol

3. Patentleathershoes

Patentleathershoes VFG Veteran VFG Past President

The lady who owned these passed away in the early 80s. So its possible they could be 80s. I was more used to seeing the large clunky possibly doorknocker style brass "power earrings" at the end of the 80s and the huge hoops, plastics and mismatched earrings in the early, but then again in the early 80s, etc, because of my age, i wasn't really attuned to what was out there in ear wear aside from what other folks in my age group at the time were wearing (or older cousins).

Thanks for the insight. I am getting down to the end of a huge collection I aquired and wanted to nail down the last few details. I have learned a lot about jewelry, but there is SO much that I don't know!