1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help please. Any info on this label? It is just a symbol.

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Brianna Moore, Sep 25, 2018.

1. Brianna Moore

Brianna Moore Registered Guest

I believe the signature on the fabric says "George's," but the label looks like McDonald's arches. Ha. I am wondering how that label has any connection to whoever or whatever "George's" was? And what that label stands for?
    Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. GemGem

GemGem Registered Guest

Honestly that was my first thought too, it does look like McDonalds!

Sometimes in vintage clothing (and today too) the person who designed the garment would have their signature in the print. There are some very famous examples like Pucci and Bessi but I have learnt that some of the design houses allowed individual designers to use their signatures too, though I do not know a great deal about this.

Gem

3. Brianna Moore

Brianna Moore Registered Guest

Ah. That clarifies it a bit. Thanks for your info. :)

4. Rachel Stevens

Rachel Stevens Registered Guest

Are there any other tags at all? Perhaps lower on the inside?

5. The European flags on the label suggest it's a European label, especially German if that's the first flag I think? Unlikely to be anything to do with McDonald's but the lack of words could be because it's designed to be sold in many countries (hence the flags).

Looks to be 1970s synthetic, there should be more labels somewhere, fabric and care.

Agree with Gem about the fabric. The fabric designer isn't necessarily the same as the dress designer.

Label says "W M" which could be initials.

6. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

Yep, German flag ist the first one... the easiest way I guess to show different countries' sizes. It might well be a European product with that label.