1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Requested on Figuring out Pendleton Label

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Adita Z, Jul 23, 2018.

1. Adita Z

Adita Z Registered Guest

I purchased this coat at a local thrift store in mint condition and I would like to know what time period it is from. There is no woolmark and no size on it. The buttons initially looked like leather but I think they are plastic and made to look like leather. I purchased it for my husband but it doesn't quite fit, and now I would like to sell it. I have no idea what it is worth. Thank you in advance for any insights you can provide :)

Screen Shot 2018-07-22 at 10.33.24 PM.png

Chiquita likes this.
  2. My eyes aren't what they used to be and I can't make your photos any larger but the label appears to be just like the 1950s one shown in the VFG label resource.

3. Josh H.

Josh H. Registered Guest

I dont think that's wool, it looks like camel hair to me. Hard to tell from your pics though.

4. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

the bulky collar and pockets have me thinking more 1970s than 50s; that label was used for an extended period of time.

as to value, we suggest you do a search of similar sold items on ebay to get an idea. (we aren't able to offer valuations here, as explained in item #6 of our Welcome Thread. ) :)

The Vintage Vendeuse likes this.