1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help sizing jellies?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by latebloomers, Mar 31, 2004.

1. latebloomers

latebloomers Registered Guest

Finally got my last three pairs of 80's jellies listed and I am getting questions concerning sizing on the <a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=48561&item=4140633941">pink</a> and <a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=48561&item=4140633359"> teal </a>pairs.

On the pink pair I got this question "do these run small? the measurements don't feel like a 7..more like a 6 and i'm a 6.5" and on the teal pair I go this from a different customer "hello, I love these sandals! But I wear a 7.5 - I tried measuring my other shoes and they seem to be a little longer than 9" - how flexible/stretchable are these? Would you think I could squeeze in there with a 7.5/ european 37.5? Also, does it give a little in width as well?".

I have big ol' feet (one of my sore spots, lol) so I can't try these on to see if they are running small or large either way. I measured the bottom soles at the the widest width and measured the inside length. Did I measure these the wrong way? It just seems odd that after selling 5 pairs recently with never a single question I suddenly get two from different customers about sizing. They have the sizes printed on them, is there something I am missing?

How should I answer these besides "You will just have to go by the measurements"?

Thanks dearies!

2. katzoid

katzoid VFG Member

Hi Timber,

Whenever I get an email that has in it, " do you think this will fit?" I take no chances, I have no idea who this person is or what their sizes might be or how they did their measurements.

My response would be something like,
    Thanks for the interest in my auction. I believe these run true to size as I have sold a few pairs and have not heard anything to the contrary. I cannot be certain these will fit you, so please be sure to check your measurements again against those in the auction.
    Again thanks for the interest
    XXXXXXX

Maybe the same or something similiar for the other one.

I guess its just another way of saying, " You will just have to go by the measurements."

Kat !~)

3. latebloomers

latebloomers Registered Guest

Thanks Kat,

I just needed some reassurance that I included enough info in the auctions for them to check against. These are a little stretchy, being plastic and all.

I remember wearing these in high school and remember the pattern of them staying on my feet long after they were off, lol.

4. bartondoll

bartondoll Guest

Timber it looks like you have all the pertinent info there re measurements...I would almost be tempted to say to the bidder if they have any doubt at all when comparing
    measurements, not to chance a bid. I hate emails like this...always feel like they are maybe trying to set themselves up for an out incase the item doesn't fit.

Sue

5. schoolsgirl

schoolsgirl Registered Guest

Timber, you have the shoe chart, right?