1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help to identify the year of this YSL envelope shoulder bag

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Martingale, Dec 23, 2022.

1. Martingale

Martingale Registered Guest

I recently bought a YSL bag but wonder which year was this bag made
    The L is cut by the S in the logo, the normal logo seems to have a non cut L. But this bag is old so wonder if old design was different .
    Also the Burton does not have the ysl name around it.
    Thanks

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 23, 2022
  2. Sorry but per forums rules we do not authenticate items.
    (Just noting that Martingale has edited the inquiry and deleted the request for authentication.)

Last edited: Dec 24, 2022
  3. Martingale

Probably I should ask to identify the year of this bag instead.

4. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

Chanel originated the quilted bag, but I recall they were really popular in the late 80s/early 90s when many different designers did their versions, and knock-offs were popular.

5. Martingale

Do you know any year or version of the YSL logo that the letter L was cut by the letter S?

6. Bobby Luashy

Bobby Luashy Registered Guest

Look behind the tag, and you should see the serial number engraved in one row of digits. Fake bags have two rows. Older Yves Saint Laurent bags should have a 12-digit serial number with two 6-digit numbers split in the middle by a dot. Newer models have 3 letters and 10 digits separated by a dot.