1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help valuing a Horrockses skirt suit

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Moon Cat, Oct 15, 2018.

1. Moon Cat

Moon Cat Registered Guest

Hi there,

I wonder if anyone could help me with the valuing of this Horrockses set please?

Any information or advice is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

SAM_1674.JPG SAM_1677rs.jpg SAM_1683rs.jpg SAM_1666.JPG

themerchantsofvintage likes this.
  2. We do not do valuations here. Looking at sold prices on eBay and ask prices on Ruby Lane, Etsy and other venues for similar pieces in similar condition is the way to go. However, an ask price does not necessarily mean that is what the item will sell for.

3. Moon Cat

Moon Cat Registered Guest

My apologies for that! It won't happen again :)

Thank you for the advice I appreciate it.

Best,

Roberta

4. Pleasure, Roberta :)

5. Interesting set: if you're after a date, it's from the mid '70s. We don't have that label in the Label Resource, so perhaps you'd like to submit it for inclusion? Details here.

6. Pinkcoke

Pinkcoke Alumni

Although I've not seen a Horrockses set like this before you can find many velvet waistcoat/skirt sets from this period to compare to, I don't think the maker adds much in this instance as it is after their iconic period.

7. I had a set very similar to this one, albeit with a midi skirt, not maxi. Brown velvet with a print.

It was 1978. I wore it to a friend's bar mitzvah. I remember because after the "official" stuff was over, all the kids went up to the playroom and played spin-the-bottle while the parents hung out downstairs. Memorable. LOL.