1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help w/ 60s Lanz dress...yet another variation (ATTN: Lizzie :)

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Patentleathershoes, Sep 29, 2005.

1. Patentleathershoes

Patentleathershoes VFG Veteran VFG Past President

here's another variation on the Lanz label.

It looks like the early 60s label, but has more of the verbage of the mid 60s....but has the copyright 1956 (8?) on it that i know i have seen on a Lanz label here before but its not in the resource so i don't recall when that first appeared.

[​IMG]

I am absolutely positive that this is a 60s dress - kind of intersecting between a late AUdrey Hepburn look and going into Mod. there is a bow at the bottom but the pic came out bad. I guess the pattern would be the ethnic flair Lanz usually has. It is clear as day on my monitor but once i uploaded it it is all mush... so a b/w scan appears below of it. Its a floral motif - kinda like tapestry flowers in a way. Can anyone help me pinpoint the year in a very razor sharp way to be really accurate for the label resource? the dress is not clipped/fits my manni fine and varies very little from bust to waist to hip. My **guess*** was the late part of the mid 60s but i could be way off!

[​IMG]

2. Patentleathershoes

3. Patentleathershoes

One last bump :)

4. fuzzylizzie

fuzzylizzie Alumni

That hem is odd for a 60s dress, but the shape of the dress does say 60s.

That's interesting about the label. I've actually had that label, and of course thought the company dated their garments for a time. But that can't be so if it's on a 60s dress.:puzzled:

I counl write a book on what confuses me about Lanz!

Lizzie

5. Patentleathershoes

Yes it is weird. Its banded around the bottom and then the bow.

Do you think with the date that just means they copyrighted their heart logo thing during that year?

Should i pop it on the label image thread...or are there just too many variations to want to include?