1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help! What fabric am I? And Pit stains

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by debutanteclothing, Jul 23, 2021.

1. debutanteclothing

debutanteclothing VFG Board Member

Ok I have this wonderfully constructed dress. I’ve never seen a sportswear specific dress. But I’m stumped on the fabric. slightly slubbed exterior but interior (not lined) is silky smooth. I burned a fiber and it did not ash. Becasue the fabric is so different on the underside, I’m wondering if it was treated? Is this some kind of gabardine. Becasue the label does say it’s for sport, I thought maybe rayon? I did try to treat the sweat stains on sleeves and collar with my usual Folex treatment for sweat, and notice the fabric puckered ever so slightly. I’m stuck! So my questions are:

1. what fabric is this?
    2. How can I treat stains?

Attached Files:

2. denisebrain

denisebrain VFG Vice President Staff Member VFG Past President

Hi Sandra! Is it a right-hand twill weave? ETA: It looks like an even twill, but it's a bit hard to see.

3. debutanteclothing

debutanteclothing VFG Board Member

4. denisebrain

denisebrain VFG Vice President Staff Member VFG Past President

And when you burn tested you said no ash—did it shrink from the flame, or what happened and how did it smell?