1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with 40s Jantzen Intarsia Knit Cardigan Sweater - Linda?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by catseyevintage, Feb 12, 2019.

1. catseyevintage

catseyevintage VFG Member

Hi everyone,

I believe this Jantzen sweater is from the 1940s, but am unsure of the pattern name. It seems I've heard it called School Daze but can't remember for sure.

Does anyone know if this was called School Daze? Or something else?

And did Jantzen, in fact, name their sweater patterns?

P.S. the buttons are old new stock and not original to the piece.

DSC_1736.JPG DSC_1737.JPG

DSC_1738.JPG

DSC_1842.JPG

2. Attirelyvintage

Attirelyvintage Registered Guest

Hello I found this one on Pinterest. It was originally posted on Instagram but has been removed.
    This is the write up they had on it:
    1950s Jantzen teachers’s wool cardigan sweater. Mother of pearl buttons up the front. Print features a school house, TicTacToe, cat drawing, addition problems, stick figure drawings, and so on. Excellent condition! $75 shipped in the U.S./additional postage for international shipping. Bust: 36” Waist: 35” Length: 23” Sleeves: 21.5” #1950s #50sfashion #jantzen #vintagejantzen

I hope this was helpful!

Attached Files:

3. catseyevintage

Thank you, Attirely Vintage!

4. catseyevintage

Thank you, Linda. I wonder if this was a limited edition Jantzen released in the late summer and early fall for school teachers. Have you ever seen anything similar to this?

I looked at many older Jantzen intarsia sweaters on pinterest and on Ebay and so many were the ski style pullover with deer or stags which must have been tremendously popular and made for years.

5. catseyevintage

Not to mention airplanes and leopards!

Thank you for your help, Linda. I have written to Jantzen and hopefully they will know the name of the sweater. I'll post it here if I hear back from them.

6. catseyevintage