1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with costume jewellery signatures

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Arabella's Treasures, Jul 18, 2017.

1. Arabella's Treasures

Arabella's Treasures Registered Guest

I was wondering if anyone can help me with finding out more about 2 brooches.

I have a gold tone poodle with what looks like pearls and red jewels. There is 9906 or it could be 9066.

The second is a wonderful brooch with a rotating flower and what looks like a W or an A in a W underlined. I thought it might be Albert Weiss but cannot find evidence supporting this.

Attached Files:

2. Linn

Linn Super Moderator Staff Member VFG Past President

I think the poodle might be a Sphinx piece. I believe from your spelling of "jewelry" that you are in the UK. Sphinx is a British company established in 1950 whose pieces were often marked by just a number.

I cannot see the mark on the first piece clearly enough but it does not look like Weiss to me. If possible could you please take a closer, clearer photo of the mark.

3. Arabella's Treasures

Thank you Linn! That's great
    I've tried but it's near impossible, here is a closer look but unfortunately not clear

Attached Files:

4. Linn

Linn Super Moderator Staff Member VFG Past President

Sorry - no idea.

5. Arabella's Treasures

Ok, thank you for having a look and all your help