1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with dating 80s/90s Escada Couture line/collection

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Miss Fendi, Nov 10, 2018.

1. Miss Fendi

Miss Fendi Registered Guest

Hello Everybody,

I recently got an Escada Couture gown from a late distant relative. It is Escada Couture from (most likely) the 80s or early 90s. I have seen a few other Escada pieces from that time online, that feature the same distinct sunflower embroidery. So, I am guessing, it is part of a specific line/collection (e.g. F/W 1982). Is there any way to find out, which line/collection the dress belongs to?
    I am new to vintage fashion and forums, so please excuse any potential weirdness ;-)

Thank you very much in advance!
    Cheers,
    Kat

Attached Files:

TAMARA LYNN MYERS likes this.
  2. Lovely dress. Can you post photos of any and all labels? That would be helpful.

3. Miss Fendi

There are only two labels on the dress - see pictures below. I hope this helps.
    Thank you very much!

Attached Files:

4. Thanks for the additional labels. Does it say made in Germany or Western Germany?

5. Miss Fendi

It says Made in Germany. So it must be after 1990, correct?
    Thanks again, this is so helpful!

6. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

Agree - it looks 90s. Lovely find! I find Escada items here at thrifts regularly, but only ever in large sizes... no idea why!

7. Miss Fendi

Thank you all! May I ask, why you think early '90s? Is it the rather "simple" design and clean lines ? (I am new to this and try to learn as much as possible)

8. Miss Fendi

Same over here. The piece I come across are either XXL or XXS...I don't know why

9. The long skirt mostly: they were out of fashion in the '80s but made a return in about '92. Plus the clean lines, as you say.

In the photo it looks like it has a 3/4 side split, which also made me think early '90s but you haven't mentioned it so it's probably just my imagination. But the look is setting off memories of the time.

10. Miss Fendi

Thank you again! This is so interesting! You are correct, it has a very long side split (almost up to the hip) :)