1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with dating jacket

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Paula Duffy, Jun 17, 2018.

1. Paula Duffy

Paula Duffy Registered Guest

0B3A609F-D51A-4433-8C9E-645429137986.jpeg C762C4DB-BF4D-47D7-9B39-ABA27DFA3C20.jpeg D83A4680-FE75-46C3-8CDF-0EF90D442E67.jpeg C990E8EF-0CC6-4282-94E8-EF887A383EBF.jpeg Hello! I’ve been lurking here for a while, trying to learn as much as I can from you knowledgeable people! I picked up this jacket recently & im a bit stumped when it comes to dating it. It has no labels whatsoever apart from the size. It fits like a modern UK 10

2. Paula Duffy

Attached Files:

3. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

Looks 90s at the oldest... the fabric was popular around then. Probably part of a suit. I wonder if the fur was added on or part of the original but that's only because I can't actually see how it is attached from here. ; )

Paula Duffy likes this.
  4. Paula Duffy

Yes the fur was throwing me off, it looks older than the rest. It looks like it was handsewn on, so it could have been added later. Thank you!

5. Paula Duffy

The other thing that was confusing me was the size - 42 is a UK 14 - there is no way this would fit a modern 14 - it's more like a modern 10

6. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

The fabric looks fairly modern to me as well. It could be an Italian size 42... their sizes run differently, and 42 would be about a normal European 36 or 38. I used to shop a lot at Benetton, and got used to the Italian sizing.

Paula Duffy likes this.
  7. Paula Duffy

That makes sense, thank you!