1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with dating Lucie Ann Beverly Hills Dress

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Bombshelly Vintage, Oct 2, 2017.

1. Bombshelly Vintage

Bombshelly Vintage Registered Guest

I recently aquire this beautiful Lucie Ann Dress. I've looked up the labels and can't find a black one anywhere to reference. It seems the only reference I can find is for white labels that say the same thing from the 60s. The dress itself has no zipper or Union tags. Just the tags Ive shown here. The style seems more 80s but the labels I can find from the 80s don't resemble this one. It's made incredibly well, but Im having a hard time believing it is from the 60s. Anyone?

Attached Files:

2. northstarvintage

northstarvintage Administrator Staff Member

Hi Lynne! Nice to see you here!

The only Lucie Anns I've found have been lingerie - and it's a very desirable.

I'm confused by this too. I hope someone will have more information about this.

I look forward to seeing you at Brimfield in May!

3. Bombshelly Vintage

Bombshelly Vintage Registered Guest

Hi There!I'm looking forward to May as well! Thanks for responding. I did just find another dress with the black label, the seller says it's from the 70s. There are a lot of dresses out there most of them have the white label. It's the style that's throwing me.

4. thespectrum

thespectrum VFG Member Staff Member

Cute dress! It does look like a 1980s style.
    I have never seen a Lucie Ann dress, just the lingerie.

5. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

another vote for the 1980s. and another "I've only seen the lingerie" comment. lol

6. Another vote for '80s. Might be nice to add the label to the label resource!

7. morning-glorious

morning-glorious VFG Member

Hi! We sold a Lucie Ann lace peignoir a couple of years ago that had the black label! I saved a photo. We dated it as being late 60s-early 70s, based on the garment. I have had several other Lucie Ann's with a white label, all were lingerie. I hope this helps.
    Jen

Lucie-Ann_Black-Label.jpg

Negligee_Lucie-Ann_Black-Lace_6315_01.jpg

8. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

ooooh pretty!

morning-glorious likes this.
  9. northstarvintage

northstarvintage Administrator Staff Member

Oh la la!