1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help With Dating & Style Terms On Some Shoes Please

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by ClubVintage, Nov 1, 2004.

1. ClubVintage

ClubVintage VFG Member

I am very pressed for time due to two jobs so I need to do some items that I can list quickly..like shoes. Unfortunately I have little knowledge as to shoes. I just pick up what catches my eye, hence I need help. Do you think these are 40's or 50's.Can you give me some idea as to the correct terms best describe their features..heels, embellishments, etc.<p>The first pair are chocolate brown suede? sling back? with a wavy metal embellishment topped with a ribbon rosebud. There is a matching ribbon band running across the vamp. They were done by Windsor Fashions.<p>
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]<p>Next is a black suede? pair by Windsor Fasions again. They have a separate front & back..no idea what this is called. They have peep toes and the front has a accent along the edge in a smooth black fabric that crosses and forms a bow.<p>Any help you can offer will be greatly appreciated.<p>Cat :puzzled:<p>
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Patentleathershoes

Patentleathershoes VFG Veteran VFG Past President

Pinup Peeptoe Bow Pumps (i sold a pair last year and they did well! they were a not as cute as those though~)

3. Patentleathershoes

Patentleathershoes VFG Veteran VFG Past President

PS I think those would be great for all the holiday parties

4. 50s & 50s, with the second pair nearer to 40s in age per the heel, but having a slimmer heel than 40s ones.

Steph

5. b*a*vintagequeen

b*a*vintagequeen Registered Guest

I agree with Steph on the dates, but you should post these on Jonathan's shoe workshop thread!