1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with dating this coat??

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by laurenmaxine, Jun 25, 2017.

1. laurenmaxine

laurenmaxine Registered Guest

hi all, I recently found this youthcraft coat at an estate sale and need help dating it. the only label is the one in the photo. if you could explain the reasons you dated it as such that would be helpful as well, i'm trying to become more knowledgeable about vintage clothing :) thanks for your help!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
  2. Hi Laurenmaxine, and welcome to the forums.

First off, you can edit your images and use the "rotate" button to turn them the right way up. It's so much easier to see garments that way.

Secondly, can you please tell us more about it: are there any shoulder pads, what is the fabric used for the lining and do you have a photo of the labels.

On the available information, I'm getting an early '60s feel from this one, due to the fabric, construction and big buttons but it would be very helpful to know more as it could be earlier or later. I also googled for the label and found other early '60s styles.

3. laurenmaxine

i didn't even realize my pictures were sideways, thanks for letting me know :) no shoulder pads, i'm not sure exactly what the lining is but it feels almost like a starchy linen/satin?? and the only label is the one in the first image. thanks for the help!

4. Thank you. Apologies. I meant to say buttons, not labels. Any pics of the buttons please?

5. laurenmaxine

Attached Files:

6. Thank you: they're very distinctive, aren't they? Late '50s to early '60s. Are the sleeves full or bracelet length?

7. laurenmaxine

very distinctive! that's just about the era i was thinking. the sleeves are bracelet length if not a bit shorter.

8. Bracelet length clinches it then: late '50s to early '60s.

9. laurenmaxine

awesome, thank you so much for your help!