1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with identifying type of fur and approximate era

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Revintique Shop, Dec 28, 2018.

1. Revintique Shop

Revintique Shop Registered Guest

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg Hello,

I found this stole in a thrift store and thought it was lovely. It’s got a fashionable collar and inside lining and on the inside right side it has the initials “O E C” embroidered. It has a “Rich’s” and a “Fur Authority” label but that’s it. I am wondering how old it might be and what type of fur it might be. I paid $20 for it-is it worth it?

2. peaceful vintage

peaceful vintage Administrator VFG Past President

Hi there, It's lovely. The fur type is mink and it dates to the 60s. While we don't offer valuations here the worth depends on the condition and how much you like it. Generally speaking $20 for a mink stole isn't too much to spend at all.

3. Revintique Shop

Revintique Shop Registered Guest

Thank you! I appreciate the information, it is very helpful. I’m going to love wearing it!

peaceful vintage likes this.