1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with Morris Moskowitz bag

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Shminx, Sep 16, 2009.

1. Shminx

Shminx Registered Guest

Hello again! I recently came across this really nice Morris Moskowitz bag and I'm having the same problem I'm having with my Tony Lama boots: what's it worth? It is in fantastic condition. Seems to be mainly leather with suede on the sides. Beautiful color, nearly flawless inside and out. Any suggestions?

[​IMG]

2. Patentleathershoes

Patentleathershoes VFG Veteran VFG Past President

Morris Moskowitz bags were sold at "better" department stores. I think he died in the lsyr 80s or 90s. Your bag is on the late end. If you are looking to sell on Ebay, I have found with MM, aside from the very old bags or very spectacular ones, the MM mark doens't mean it is going to sell like gangbusters. It usually means that if all things are equal and there are 3 similar bags on ebay - one no name, one MM, and one something else, the MM will be one to sell. It is sort of "value added". Of course, the spectacular and very old ones will have steam on the name.

As far as what it would go for, it really depends on how it is marketed. Sometimes nice, real leather bags can surprise you but a lot of times if they are not displayed in an appealing way with enough photos, details, and the condition is not there, you are lucky to move them.

I know that is not anything conclusive, but like I say, displayed and marketed correctly I have seen MM bags do quiet well and then a lot tank. I think that the typical person looking for an MM bag might not do cartwheels because its late, but someone looking for this style bag may just find the MM as a "bonus" if they know who he is.

3. joules

joules VFG Member

4. inkedpalm

inkedpalm Registered Guest

I agree with the advice above. With Vintage it is always a gamble unless there is something unique. Sometimes it is best just to let the "market" decide what it is worth.

5. debutanteclothing

debutanteclothing VFG Board Member

omg, I have this exact same purse! hope we don't list at the same time, LOL.