1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with promotion ?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by julie2, Dec 12, 2008.

1. julie2

julie2 Registered Guest

I have just finished a new website to sell my stock of Vintage Clothing but as yet it is getting very few visitors. My daughter says I should be "blogging" but I have no idea how to do this. Can anyone help or point me in the right direction ? Thanks Julie

2. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

3. debutanteclothing

debutanteclothing VFG Board Member

Aw, thanks Mary. :wub:

Blogging can help you bring in traffic Julie, but be aware that it takes quite some time. But I can say that most people who blog on a frequent basis do see increases in sales. Anyone want to second that?

The best thing you can do to test the waters is to sign up for a Google blogger account. It's totally free. Be sure to link back to your store. Also, sign up for a twitter account, or a stylehive.com, thisnext.com or Kaboodle.com account. These are all social media sites where you can upload your goods and the entire web can see them.

We have quite a few bloggers here. Maybe they can chime in.

sandra

4. jessejames

jessejames Registered Guest

Blogging is very good idea, before blogging on any site be sure that the blog is getting the traffic and having good page rank, this will be helpful to improve your business.