1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with reading Label

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by NaoimiW, May 10, 2021.

1. NaoimiW

NaoimiW Registered Guest

Hello , I am new to this group but love using the label resource!

I have this open smock top/bolero jacket thing, I am not sure what to call it..any descriptors would be helpful! I think she is from the 70s or 80s based on the style but the label is faded and I would like to do some more research on the RN# or brand if possible to narrow it down. If anyone can make anything out on the tag, that would be so helpful!

What I am seeing so far is:
    Not sure what the very first word/numbers are at the top.
    "Cotton ..something" maybe rayon? But there is no percentage number before it.
    "Warm water wash"
    "Cut #
    Style #
    RN# but can't make out.."
    Possibly size "3/4"?

I can try to add more pictures of the tag if needed. Thank you.

Attached Files:

2. NaoimiW

NaoimiW Registered Guest

Upon further inspection, I think the first line might be the percentages then cotton and rayon come after on the second line.

3. denisebrain

denisebrain VFG Vice President Staff Member VFG Past President

This is very challenging! I see the cotton and maybe rayon but very little else. From the style, I'd say the jacket dates from the late 70s to early 80s.

4. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

5. NaoimiW

NaoimiW Registered Guest

Thank you both! It always feels better to have your dating assumptions confirmed. :)