1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

* help with the name of this vintage label.. *

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by joskin5, Apr 29, 2010.

1. joskin5

joskin5 Registered Guest

morning all.
    we have spent hours trying to search for this vintage brand label and cannot decide whether it reads 'homi' , 'horu' or something else?! it is a beautifully made dress in vibrant floral chiffon, fully lined and finished exquisitely .. if anyone has seen this label before or can correct us on the spelling so we can search for further information please reply!!
    many thanks, joskin5 xxx

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=21204&id=100000192780481&saved#!/photo.php?pid=290355&id=100000192780481

2. Hi Joskin5, there's a problem with the link you've provided. I can't get it to work. Can you download your photo to a third party host like photobucket/Flickr and post the actual link address here? The photo should then appear on this thread. :)

Just click on the 'Post Reply' button at the end of this message and you'll be taken to a screen with a small image icon (looks like a mountain). Click on that and post your link address.

Try and get your photo to around 500 pixels wide.

Look forward to seeing the label. I'm sure someone will be able to help you. :)

3. joskin5

joskin5 Registered Guest

thanks for that i'm going to try photobucket now! x

4. joskin5

joskin5 Registered Guest

"http://s959.photobucket.com/albums/ae76/joskin5/?action=view&current=cc6a6249.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

5. joskin5

joskin5 Registered Guest

6. :puzzled: Looks like 'Horu'. What does the garment look like? Era? Can you tell us a bit more about it? Perhaps someone will recognise it from a similar item they have in their inventory.

Sorry I've not been much help with this. :)

7. joskin5

joskin5 Registered Guest

the dress is made from a lovely vibrant floral print chiffon .. long sleeves , ruched waistband detail , full length .. i would guess at 60's ish era ?

[​IMG]

8. Hi Joskin, I'm getting a much later vibe than 60's but it's difficult to see from your photo as it's so small. The label doesn't look that old.

Is there a fabric content or care label you can show?

What sort of opening does the dress have. Plastic/metal zip? Hook fastenings? The sleeves look cropped. Do they have cuff fastenings?

9. jack123

jack123 Registered Guest

Hello Friends,

I am Jack.
    and I am BANNED