Help with the year!

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Label Q & A' started by Redheadedninnymuggins, Aug 29, 2019.

1. Redheadedninnymuggins

Redheadedninnymuggins Registered Guest

I have this stunning piece I just got. it looks like a piece that could pass as 30s-50s. I'm thinking it's the 1940s but hoping someone else knows the brand well enough to answer! thanks! brand is Le' Vine Originale

Attached Files:

2. modamuzesi

modamuzesi Registered Guest

It looks like 1950's to me.

3. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand Trade Member

4. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing Administrator Staff Member

5. Redheadedninnymuggins

I thought about the 50s as well but the drop waist and the length which isn't pictured is more 40s length. it's so hard to tell. Any dress I found of this brand was also 40s.. might just have to be a mystery forever

6. themerchantsofvintage

themerchantsofvintage Administrator Staff Member

Hard to tell length from a hanger, but the silhouette as shown speaks 50s to me as well. I’m not seeing a dropped waist either.

Some manufacturers kept the same label for several decades.

7. Linn

Linn Trade Member

8. Midge

Midge Trade Member

9. Vinclothes

Vinclothes Alumni +

If the dress is a very large size, it can appear to have a lower waist and longer length. Lace over rayon taffeta was seen a lot in the 1950's.
    Marian

10. Redheadedninnymuggins

it's a smaller size! and may be hard to see in the photos but it definitely has a drop waist! flares right after my hips! I think we have enough votes for the 50s that thats what I'll go with! thanks for the help ladies!