1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Redheadedninnymuggins

Redheadedninnymuggins Registered Guest

I have this stunning piece I just got. it looks like a piece that could pass as 30s-50s. I'm thinking it's the 1940s but hoping someone else knows the brand well enough to answer! thanks! brand is Le' Vine Originale

Attached Files:

2. modamuzesi

modamuzesi Registered Guest

It looks like 1950's to me.

3. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

4. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

5. Redheadedninnymuggins

I thought about the 50s as well but the drop waist and the length which isn't pictured is more 40s length. it's so hard to tell. Any dress I found of this brand was also 40s.. might just have to be a mystery forever

6. Hard to tell length from a hanger, but the silhouette as shown speaks 50s to me as well. I’m not seeing a dropped waist either.

Some manufacturers kept the same label for several decades.

7. Linn

Linn Super Moderator Staff Member VFG Past President

8. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

9. Vinclothes

Vinclothes Alumni +

If the dress is a very large size, it can appear to have a lower waist and longer length. Lace over rayon taffeta was seen a lot in the 1950's.
    Marian

10. Redheadedninnymuggins

it's a smaller size! and may be hard to see in the photos but it definitely has a drop waist! flares right after my hips! I think we have enough votes for the 50s that thats what I'll go with! thanks for the help ladies!