1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with wedding dress

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Vintagiality, Jul 29, 2017.

1. Vintagiality

Vintagiality VFG Treasurer Staff Member

Hi all,

I have a few questions about this wedding dress.

1. I thought it was late 30s/ early 40s but something about the sleeves is bothering me as being out of place for that era. What do you think?

2. Is this charmeuse or crepe satin?

3. It's fairly wrinkled and the lace is a bit yellowing. Can this fabric be soaked in Restoration safely and can it be safely ironed? If not, what do you suggest I do to get it to look its best? It's such a gorgeous dress and I really want to do it justice.

Thank you

Victoria
    IMG_3084.JPG IMG_3085.JPG IMG_3086.JPG IMG_3087.JPG IMG_3088.JPG IMG_3089.JPG IMG_3090.JPG IMG_3091.JPG IMG_3092.JPG IMG_3094.JPG IMG_3095.JPG

Last edited: Jul 30, 2017
  2. Vintagiality

3. Lovely gown! Agree with '30s, it looks like silk charmeuse. I can't comment on Restoration because I haven't tried it but it's hard to get marks out of silk. If they aren't too bad I would leave as is. Hopefully someone else can advise on the product.

4. Vintagiality

Thank you Nicole! There are no marks, just the lace is a little yellow. Can I iron it safely?

5. I would iron on the inside, or gently steam.