1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with Winklpixker shoe label

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Francine Wheeler, Feb 4, 2018.

?

Please help me identify this label

1. Identify

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Suggest

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Francine Wheeler

Francine Wheeler Registered Guest

Please help me identify this label if you can please, These are rockabilly style winklepicker shoes I believe. They are full grain leather, shearling lined and the sos are hardly walk on a load of shoes appear vintage and there are three elastic straps on the back of each shoe around the ankle. I have researched the trademark but cannot find anything.. help!

Attached Files:

2. Hi Francine, and welcome to the forums. Can you please show us more photos or tell us more about them? I tried googling for "Winklpixker" label but couldn't find anything. Could the label be "Winklepicker" instead perhaps?

If you can show clear photos of any other labels, or words it would also help. The label you've shown looks fairly modern. "Winklepicker" is the word given to shoes with a long and very pointed toe: they were popular in the late '50s to early '60s and again in the early to mid '80s. Your look more like boots than shoes, but perhaps they have the long pointed toe?

3. Francine Wheeler

Hello and thank you for your reply I have tried numerous times to upload other photographs and get the error message if they are too large these are very pointy toed shoes they are ankle height but I would not call them boots....I will try again with a zipped photo because I know the pictures will definitely help. And yes it is winklepicker I also was unable to edit the title once I placed it so I put the correct word in the body of the post it's just that the inside shoe label the vs I cannot find anywhere and it says registered trademark they are a European size

Attached Files:

4. Francine Wheeler

Hello and thank you for answering I have tried to upload many photos in the beginning and were told they were too large so I cut one down and included it here because I know it will help greatly The logo on label on inside shoe seems to be completely unknown, I've asked in many circles. Thank you!

5. Hi Francine, this thread has instructions on how to post photos. Good luck! The more information you can provide, the more we can help. Your shoes look fairly modern but more information can hopefully help. Do they have any words on the sole or the inside? Have you tried looking up shoe companies in your country?

Thank you.

6. Francine Wheeler

Attached Files:

7. Francine Wheeler

I have uploaded pictures of both the bottom with the markings on the Soles and the original picture was the only label, which is inside the shoe... it says:
    VS, trademark-registered. I am a fairly adept researcher but cannot find it anywhere.... the reason I say vintage is because the closest I can find is a winklepicker, rockabilly style shoe and they were popular in the 50s 60s and then again the 80s. If in fact that is what these are, they are sometimes called roach stompers as well.. Thank you

8. Hi Francine, your boots have quite a square toe, it doesn't come in very often but I think yours are from about 2000ish. I don't know what country you live in, but if you look at shoe companies that were active around then you might find something. They could still be operating as it's not long ago. I'm not good on modern shoes so I might be out by a bit, I'm thinking late '90s to maybe 2006. There are people here who are more knowledgable on these things so hopefully they'll drop in soon.

9. Pinkcoke

Pinkcoke Alumni