1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Eliezer Vintage

Eliezer Vintage Registered Guest

Hi All!

I’m hoping someone can help me. I found an Hermès belted caftan on an auction site but have no idea if it’s vintage or how to date it. See photos. Thanks so much in advance!

Attached Files:

2. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

I don't know about that label, it does not look right to me.

3. GemGem

GemGem Registered Guest

Do you have a close up of the belt buckle? Does it have Hermes stamped into it?

4. Eliezer Vintage

I wish I had a close up, but I don’t.

5. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

No comment on the authenticity, but I agree the label looks a bit odd. I have seen similar red stamps used (stamped onto) for articles to be sold on auction, such as Christie's. But no idea if that is what that is on your label. And the stamp would not be on a visible place or on a label.

GemGem likes this.
  6. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

I would contact Hermes to see if they can help you. I *think* it's more modern than vintage.

7. GemGem

GemGem Registered Guest

I have seen the red stamp on labels before, I believe it was for exclusive sample sales for staff etc. However this one looks a little different to the ones I have owned, the ones I have had had a circle around the red stamp which I believe was an S shape. Either way i'd like to see if it has a stamp into the belt buckle.

8. Eliezer Vintage

Me too. I’m going to try my luck and bid on it. Fingers crossed it’s stamped!