1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hermes Tie

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Show and Tell - Share your treasures' started by Mochadust, Jul 1, 2015.

1. Mochadust

Mochadust Registered Guest

Hello, I have a Hermes Tie with the price $388 sewn into the tie. The tie feels nice and I've had 3 other Hermes ties but I'm pretty sure this must be a fake. I'm trying to learn all the ways to determine fake Hermes. Can I have an opinion on this Tie? I understand nobody can Authenticate this Tie but I just would like opinions. Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Mochadust

3. Mochadust

4. How funny: yes, I think it's a safe bet that a real Hermes tie won't have a price label sewn in like that. It looks like a bargaining point to me "see how much this tie is worth? You can have for $X...."

StitchesandSnags and Mochadust like this.
  5. joules

joules VFG Member

With Hermes ties, you're looking for the characteristic single thread loop inside.
    Have a look at one of my Hermes tie listings, from awhile ago. Read the description, and note the fourth photo:
    https://www.etsy.com/transaction/64608110

Mochadust likes this.
  6. Mochadust

7. Mochadust

8. joules

joules VFG Member

9. Mochadust

Wow. .okay

10. Yes, the best forum to post Q&A topics is the Public Vintage Fashion Q & A. This forum is the Show and Tell, which is slightly different. Here's the FAQ for this forum:
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Welcome to the Public Show and Tell forum. Here you will find threads displaying items that VFG members have for sale and the public can share their vintage fashions too.

Please remember that non-VFG members should not post items that are for sale or links to any selling site, as per the forum terms and rules.

If you'd like to ask questions about an item, please post in the Public Vintage Fashion Q & A forum.

-----------------------------------------------------

To get the best and most useful response to your query, I encourage you to read this thread at the top of the Q & A forum:

FAQ: Public Vintage Fashion Q & A - Please Read Before You Ask Your Question

In particular this paragraph:
    Please ask us about only one piece per post; and include as much pertinent information as possible: the type of fabric, any openings, zippers, zipper pulls, type of interior construction and seaming, shots of the labels, buttons if they are unusual, etc. The more you can tell us, the more we can tell you!

That way we can focus on the item you've presented, rather than getting sidetracked by issues that other items present.

Mochadust likes this.
  11. Mochadust

Ok thank you for explaining. I do understand. I am pretty new to this and didn't mean to cause any problems .