1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hilfiger Label Unfamiliar! Please Help!

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by PropaGanda, Oct 3, 2019.

1. PropaGanda

PropaGanda Registered Guest

I thought I had seen pretty much every possible style of Tommy Hilfiger tag out there, but this one is new on me. Does anyone know any info on what line this is and when it is from? Very interesting and cool design on this tag, I would love to know more on just what inspired the logo for this.

Attached Files:

2. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

No idea on the maker, but Tommy Hilfiger started his own company in the 1970s. So I doubt that is any relation.

3. PropaGanda

PropaGanda Registered Guest

Is it possible that this particular line of Tommy, the "Hilfiger" line, was established in 1985? I am actually going to contact Tommy's customer service and see if maybe they have insight.

4. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

Unfortunately we don't have a Hilfiger entry on our label resource. According to Wikipedia, whilst he started his career in fashion in 1968, he founded the company named after him in 1985 - before that he started another label, and also worked for other labels. So the 1985 on the label makes sense to me. With that print etc. I would have guessed late 90s/early 00s.

5. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

Tommy had his own company in the 70s, (hence my memory thinking 1970s) and one of his labels was 2oth Century Survival (lasted 1 year). I had several pieces of his clothing at the time. It was his company... but yes, he did not put his name on his own label until later, so I stand corrected on that. oopsemoti

Last edited: Oct 4, 2019