1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

History of Pattern Sizes Video

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by Ranch Queen Vintage, Nov 14, 2020.

1. Ranch Queen Vintage

Ranch Queen Vintage Administrator

lkranieri likes this.
  2. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

wow, i haven't viewed it in it's entirety yet, but that is loaded with information! thanks for sharing, Marsha! i wanna check out her other videos now, too!

Ranch Queen Vintage likes this.
  3. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks for posting, that is very interesting! Confirms some of the things I've noted over the years.
    Best bit of advice by the way that mom ever gave me, and that's how she's been doing it for years: measure the pattern befor you copy or cut it, so you can make adjustments. I tend to just copy the pattern, no matter if it's vintage and modern, so I can make necessary adjustments right there - and if it works, I keep that copied pattern in the envelope.

4. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

Her video about vintage vs. reproduction patterns is also super interesting, including the blogs she mentions. A bit of an eye-opener, but it also explains some of the things my mom said when she used Vogue reproduction patterns.