1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hot Trends for Spring & Summer...

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by bartondoll, Mar 30, 2004.

1. bartondoll

bartondoll Guest

I know that all of us read fashion mags and I thought it would be interesting to post what we have seen
    as being forecast for Spring and Summer........

1. PINK (this has been <i>the</i> colour for awhile now, and hasn't changed).

Okay.....gave myself the easy one and now I have to
    run.....

who else?

Sue:)

2. MemphisVintage

MemphisVintage VFG Member

Floral prints are supposed to be big this Spring also :)

~ Marlene

3. bartondoll

bartondoll Guest

And floral prints combined with 20s (drop waist) styling...
    and the 50s cinch waist and full skirt look.

Juicy almost acid fruit colours also. Actually anything I've read is that black is waaaaaaaay passe, colour! colour! colour!

Sue:)

4. Hi Sue. Great topic. Have three fashion magazines at home marked with little notes.<p>Trench Coats are the rage. <p> Also YELLOW and ORANGE.<p>Feminine blouses and pearls.<p>Anyone else?<p>Linda

5. PodVintage

PodVintage Alumni

50's meixcan print skirts. Prada has done a beautiful line of vintage inspired clothing.

6. alonesolo

alonesolo Guest

Cutwork!

Lime green!

Metallics and I saw a lot of gold shoes somewhere and can't find it to use a magazine with the gold shoes I have listed.

From my Bazaar mag. Whats in Whats out.

In Marilyn OUT Mary Tyler Moore boho chic
    IN Sugar OUT Spice ( meaning by the pics sweetness is in )

IN Paint Splatters OUT Graffitti prints

Yellow!

7. bartondoll

bartondoll Guest

Super guys!

We all know that vintage is definitely cross-over into
    contemporary (and vice versa), so these type of lists are
    really important...and often by the time I get to read one of my mags I'm 3 issues behind (am currently looking at the
    January Vogue).

Keep them coming!

Sue

8. fuzzylizzie

fuzzylizzie Alumni

This past month I thought I'd count all the references to vintage in <i>Vogue</i>, but I gave up at about 20. Almost every article mentioned Vintage fashions!

Lizzie

9. camelbackcat

camelbackcat Alumni

rounded toes on shoes
    peep toe shoes
    coat and dress ensembles
    higher waisted pants (thank goodness for me)
    that's all I can remember now LOL
    joey

10. ...hopefully, Pucci-inspired prints.

Steph

11. bartondoll

bartondoll Guest

keep these trends coming guys! I think maybe on the weekend,
    I'll compile everything and then do another post with colours, styles,
    etc all listed in one.

12. latebloomers

latebloomers Registered Guest

I hear buzz about the spring color combinations; pink & green, orange & pink, orange & yellow.

Love, love, love that round toe shoes are back! Yeeessss!

Flaired hem skirts.

Big flower pins. (Love those.)

In fact, I really like the look of spring as a whole this year. :)

13. bartondoll

bartondoll Guest

Just saw an article about big flower pins (a la Carrie Bradshaw) the other day. And, I have about 10 authentic
    vintage ones from (I think) the 60s.

sue:)

14. Ooooh, I just wore my big 60s flower pin the other day. My computer is home now where my magazines are. Will try to add more on Sunday. Linda

15. fuzzylizzie

fuzzylizzie Alumni

I almost never shop in standard retail establishments, but last weekend was the one time a year I go an a trip with buddies who are BIG shoppers. Here's what was in the stores.

Tweed suits - yes, for spring, in pastel colors. I was tempted...

Big, bold, floral prints - very Lilly Pulitzer inspired prints; in fact the Lilly store, Palm Avenue, was bustling.

Pink - It's not just in the fashion magazines, it's in the stores and people are really wearing it. I bought a pink suede skirt, cutest thing you ever saw!

Knee length, A-line skirts

Trench coats - in every pastel and in every store. At first they looked fresh, but I got tired of seeing them.

Shoes were all over the place - By that I mean that the high end stores had the new round toe Pradas, but there were plenty of pointed toes. Best of all, the sandals were very pretty, and heels did not seem to be quite as hign as in the past several seasons.

What I didn't see:

The toile craze of last year seems to be over.

Sleeves - The dresses were ALL sleeveless.

The much publicized 20s look - and I was looking for it.

Metallic shoes and bags - this look is all over the magazines, but I saw little evidence of it in the stores.

Keep in mind, this was in the South, in a moderately fashionable city.

Lizzie